Today is our stop on the blog tour for Hunt the Dawn by Abbie Roads! Check it out and grab your copy today!
About Hunt the Dawn:
“Dark and delicious.”—Kerrelyn Sparks, New York Times bestselling author on Race the Darkness
Out of darkness and danger…
You can’t hide your secrets from Lathan Montgomery-he can read your darkest memories. And while his special abilities are invaluable in the FBI’s hunt for a serial killer, he has no way to avoid the pain that brings him. Until he is drawn to courageous, down-on-her-luck Evanee Brown and finds himself able to offer her something he’s never offered another human being: himself.
Dawns a unique and powerful love
Nightmares are nothing new to Evanee Brown. But once she meets Lathan, they plummet into the realm of the macabre. Murder victims are reaching from beyond the grave to give Evanee evidence that could help Lathan bring a terrifying killer to justice. Together, they could forge an indomitable partnership to thwart violence, abuse, and death-if they survive the forces that seek to tear them apart.
Lathan has a special talent. Though he is practically deaf he can smell the emotions and memories of others. This makes him very useful in helping to solve unsolved crimes. When he meets a young woman being attacked on the side of the road something compels him to stop. Evanee’s life hasn’t been easy. But the moment Lathan steps in her life she feels safe. She’s never felt safe. But, when her dreams start flowing into reality she realizes that things with Lathan are very different. As their feelings grow so do the strange happenings around them. Can Lathan save the one person who saves him?
I was really taken in with this book. The specialness of these characters really makes this story. It was unique and very enthralling. The world that Abbie Roads has created swirls with paranormal and native american folk lore. There is also a very emotional level in this book. I wasn’t expecting a book like this to have the emotions that it did. This was a truly unique experience that has made my first Abbie Roads book a fantastic one. If you are looking for a great story, dynamic characters and a bit of paranormal mixed in you will want to pick this up ASAP.
Get Your Copy!
Barnes and Noble
About Abbie Roads:
Seven Things about Abbie Roads:
- She loves Snicker Parfaits. Gotta start with what’s most important, right?
- She writes dark emotional books featuring damaged characters, but always gives her hero and heroine a happy ending… after torturing them for three hundred pages.
- By day she’s a mental health counselor known for her blunt, honest style of therapy. At night she burns up the keyboard. Well… Burn might be too strong a word. She at least sits with her hands poised over the keyboard, waiting for inspiration to strike. And when it does—the keyboard might get a little warm.
- She can’t stand it when people drive slowly in the passing lane. Just saying. That’s major annoying. Right?
- She loves taking pictures of things she thinks are pretty.
- She’s represented by Michelle Grajkowski of 3 Seas Literary.
- Her first book RACE THE DARKNESS was a Publishers Weekly Top 10 Pick for Fall.
Connect with Abbie:
Dangerously Dark Darlings Group
Enter Abbie’s Giveaway!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
1 thought on “Review: Hunt the Dawn by Abbie Roads”
Thanks so much for the lovely review! I’m glad you enjoyed the book!